We had a new Dell PowerEdge R710 with an additonal Intel Gigabit ET Quad Port Server Adapter network card.
After installing ESX i saw that the intel NIC wasn’t recognized, so i had to install it myself.
What where the steps i performed to install the drivers (after ESX was installed)?
1. Downloaded drivers from the following page: http://downloads.vmware.com/d/details/esx_esxi40_intel_82575_82576_dt/ZHcqYmR0QGpidGR3
2. Extracted the iso to disk
3. Copied the files with WinSCP over to the Dell server
4. Logged in the ESX server as root
5. Placed the ESX server in maintenance mode
6. Run “esxupdate -bundle=INT-intel-ladd-ddk-igb-18.104.22.168.1-offline_bundle-185976.zip update”
7. Issued a “shutdown -r now” command
After the server was rebooted, the nic was recognized and i did a exit maintenance mode.